Tuesday 2 December 2014

Zelda Extreme Challenge Two: The Moon

We made it through the Eagle with no casualties, and the Moon is an arguably easier labyrinth. Not to mention that we have the bow and arrow now, so I expect we won't have too much trouble in this update.

First thing's first, let's cheat the Money Making Game guy out of 255 rupees again. You can never have too many.

We then make another detour to stock up on bombs again (My rupee counter was in the middle of decreasing when I took this screenshot, so I have less rupees than it looks like here).

Save and quit to heal up, then take the path of least resistance to level two. Knowing how enemies enter the screen helped a lot here since I was able to force some Molblins to spawn in more convenient places for me during those one-tile-wide paths. And as always, the bait is saving my skin against these Octoroks.

Ropes are generally good enemies for dropping rupees, even when using the bow on them. Instead though, the only rupee drop in the first two rooms was the standard '10th enemy kill' drop. Good thing I robbed that gambling old man.

Always nice to get a random clock drop, even if you don't really need it...

And of course the second last enemy I kill turns out to be the 'ringmaster' that kills all other enemies. Just a waste of my rupees.

Don't mind me, I'm just going to bomb down here. I don't need your magic boomerang anyway, so let's not fight.

Grab the map and compass. Fortunately we still haven't used any keys in this level, and after checking the maps online, it looks like we should have more than enough to visit every room as long as we use our bombs wisely.

Moldorms are weird enemies. For some reason they act as bosses, so if you kill one, they disappear for good. And they appear in only four levels in the game: Two in the first quest and two in the second quest.

Unfortunately I take a hit from one of the traps in this room while trying to dodge Keese.

Not worth wasting arrows to kill these Gels for five rupees, so I leave immediately. Unfortunately, once I'm a couple rooms away, I realize I forgot to visit the room above this one.

Fortunately, I can bomb into it from this room, so I don't have to risk dealing with the traps again.

Classic.

The hardest part about this fight is remembering not to stand in the middle of the room where the container heart will spawn.

The Moon's map is complete, but it still looks really awkwardly stretched to me on this screen.

And that finishes us up with level two, easy as pie. Unfortunately, level three is going to be our first difficult section, but we need the raft at least to access level four for the all important stepladder.

No comments:

Post a Comment